- I didn't like The Avengers. I didn't even really like the last two Iron Man films. I found the character of Tony Stark to be annoying as shit. I liked Iron Man 3.
- Although it's a huge Summer blockbuster, already in the top 10 highest-grossing films of all-time, it felt surprisingly lowkey. There's plenty of CGI porn, but there's scenes that are allowed to breathe and explore the vulnerability of Stark (although those panic attacks were weak as fuck).
- Shane Black's vision of Iron Man is better than Jon Favreau's. It's cartoonish, but grounded in just enough Nolan-esque reality.
- One villain is instantly memorable. The other is of the Topher Grace in Spiderman 3 quality. The threat of violence and mayhem is more effective than Ben Kingsley's and Guy Pearce's roles. Troublesome, but not a disaster.
- Gwyneth Paltrow is so sterile. Seeing her in the Iron Man suit is funny because Pepper Potts is a horrible, undefined character. Country Strong was ill though, GP.
- A subplot involving a kid is so stupid and useless, but, yo, I kinda dug it. It humanizes an isolated, arrogant asshole. Great success (Borat voice).
- I still don't understand why Iron Man is bigger than Spiderman and Batman, but this is the first Marvel movie in quite some time that I was totally in to.